Sunday, 21 June 2015

What Have I Been Looking at? No. 3

Looks like I can call this a series now? Maybe...

Anyhow, here's a little look at the things which have been infiltrating my eye holes.


The work of Charles F. Tunnicliffe, (website easiest to explore via the index) I found this lovely article about him and how he worked which features an interesting video about an exhibition of his work. I am particularly fond of his wood engravings and sketchbook work.


His work is featured in a book I borrowed from Harrogate library called Drawing Birds. A fascinating look at ways to approach the study of drawing birds, bringing my attention to work of the artists featured. A super useful book I'm sure I will return to time and time again.


Moving away from birds but still keeping within the theme of nature, today I discovered the work of artist Peter Eastman via the lovely blog Miss Moss who visited his studio in Cape Town. Particularly his series Deep Chine, more information on which you can find here



Lastly, whilst looking for the Harry Potter books (FINALLY decided it was time I read them) in the aforementioned library I came across J.K Rowling's book A Casual Vacancy and decided to read that instead. The H.P. books I'm guessing I will have to venture into the Children's section for...


No comments:

Post a Comment