Wednesday, 4 November 2015

What Have I been Looking at No. 5

BOOKS! SO MANY BOOKS!

Ok so I won't list them all (My library loans at uni have been maxed out a couple of times over the past few weeks) but let's have a look at a small selection what I have been looking at...


The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

I found this in a charity shop and snapped it up immediately. Such a fascinating book which, being semi autobiographical, gives the world a look into Plath's mind. I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to read something a little out of their comfort zone. (Though probably best avoided when you're feeling a bit down in the dumps)


Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards

I picked this up in the uni library in the hopes that it would help my drawing. I am getting through it incredibly slowly (so much to do!) but it has been interesting learning all about what goes on in my brain when I pick up a pencil.



I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen

Yes its a children's book and yes it makes me extremely happy. No it doesn't mater that I'm 21 and not the target audience. Beautiful illustrations of animals and dry humour make this one of my favourite children's books and it's about a bear who has lost his red hat. Enough said.

Lastly to keep those who don't care too much for books (what are you doing here?!) and well everyone really who needs a little help to make it to the end of the week here's my go to cheering up video.


No comments:

Post a Comment